Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DREAMS OF SURFACING

Over the past week, I've had at least 2 waking dreams in which it was as if I was at the bottom of a pool looking up to the surface of the water.  I could see calm lazy ripples there at the top along with a light, and I slowly rose toward them.  When I reached the top, I awakened.  They were both pleasant experiences.  The only difference that I can think of in my sleep regimen (other than some bouts of the usual insomnia) is that I have been taking some valerian root pills before bed.

I feel at peace today.  I had the last half of the day off for a dentist appointment during which the good doctor affixed a crown amidst my bottom teeth.  And now, I look out my window upon a beautiful sunny day.  I allow my mind to wander.  Despite all better judgment, I'm smoking a caramel macchiato-flavored shisha out of my faithful Egyptian hookah.  This one doesn't seem to be burning my throat at all, which is a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment